Sunday, November 18, 2012

Advent Calendar

Hello Fellow Bloggers!  It has been a little while since my last post, but with the holidays coming up, I have been very busy.  This weekend though was a perfect time to catch up! 

Since it is the first year and Christmas living with my boyfriend, I thought a great way to celebrate the holiday is by an Advent Calendar. 

I looked everywhere for a calendar that was both functional and charming.  Then I found a library card Advent calendar on sale for $50 at notonthehighstreet.com (talk about expensive)!
Being thrifty, I was driven to create this calendar for myself.  The entire project cost me about $3.00 (plus ink from the printer).

Here is how it turned out...
This project is too good to not share, so I am linking all the templates for this at the bottom of the post and sharing each step:

Print out the templates (found at the bottom of this post) and cut the pockets and cards.

Add your daily events to each library card.  My ideas ranged from enjoying hot cocoa by the fire, driving to see the Christmas lights, and watching The Santa Clause.
After cutting the pockets, fold the paper so the library card peeks out from the top and use adhesive tape to secure it down.

I added small Christmas trinkets and ornaments to open spaces.
Library Card Templates

Advent Library Cards Dec 1-4
Advent Library Cards Dec 5-8
Advent Library Cards Dec 9-12
Advent Library Cards Dec 13-16
Advent Library Cards Dec 17-20
Advent Library Cards Dec 21-24
Pocket Templates

Card Holders 1-2                                                  Card Holders 11-12
Card Holders 3-4                                                  Card Holders 13-14
Card Holders 5-6                                                  Card Holders 15-16
Card Holders 7-8                                                  Card Holders 17-18
Card Holders 9-10                                                Card Holders 19-20
                                                                              Card Holders 21-22
                                                                              Card Holders 23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment