Monday, May 6, 2013

Patio Makeover Part 1

This is our quaint patio.  It is nothing overly special at the moment, so it is time for some DIY projects to make it look like new!  Over the next couple weeks this space will be transformed!
 One important piece that every patio needs is some plants.  I looked everywhere for great planters that added color and height, but either the planters were too expensive or too (for the lack of a better word) 'funky'.  Then came my DIY planter project, and I made these wonderful planters in a few hours:
Buy two large and four medium plastic planters.  I got these at Home Depot for less than $20.
Take the two large and two of the four medium and spray paint those babies (I had two small pots for another project). Don't worry about the top section of the pots, we will be painting those later.
Grab your paint brush and paint the tops of the pots.  Use the natural line of the pots to guide you.  Also, paint the inside top part.
Now stack the pots by placing one unpainted medium pot upside down inside the large pot and then setting the other medium pot on top of it.  I put some glue around the edge of the upside down pot to keep it level.  Add dirt, flowers, and decorative rock or bark. (I used a hosta on top and marigolds and snapdragons on bottom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment