Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall Wreath

I love fall, and I could not resist starting a fall project!  This is a great and inexpensive way to fancy up your entry.  I got all the materials for less $10 from Michaels (do not forget to use your 15% teacher discount, and get it for close to $7!).  So, get your glue gun ready to make some autumn inspired decorations.
Here is what you need...
  • Grapevine Wreath
  • Felt (various colors of your choosing)
  • Fall Berry Picks
  • Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue

First, cut out the rosette shapes from the felt.  The first photo creates a one color rosette and the second creates a multicolored one.  Begin by rolling the end toward the middle.  For a bigger rosette, roll loosely, and tighter for smaller.  Hot glue the end to the bottom of the rosette to secure it.  Create as many as you need/want.  I made 9 for my 18" wreath.
Next, glue the rosettes to the wreath.  Feel free to play around with placement.  I also added buttons to a few of my rosettes to bling it up a bit!  This is also a cute wreath if you did not want to move onto the next step (it would only cost about $4!)
Finally, arrange berries around the wreath.  Use hot glue to secure them and arrange them to your liking.
 And Tah-Da!  It is a beautiful fall decoration for your door!