Thursday, September 13, 2012

Recipe Book

I needed to find a place to store all my favorite recipes.  I had several different cookbooks, magazines, recipe clippings, old cards written by my mom, and just plain old flithy cards that were just scattered and piled up.  So I came up with a solution.

1. Buy a photo book.  I got this one on clearance for $1.50! 

2. Type up your favorite recipes that you already have on a Word document on 4x6 cards.
 3.  Print the cards on cardstock (I chose a vanilla color cardstock) and cut them to size.  Then place them into your recipe book!
Now after you have your favorite recipes in the book, you can start to experiment with other recipes.  For example, I tried new Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream recipes.

If they turn out, type them up and put them in your book!  Such a quick reference for you to use later!

Click here for the Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp and Vanilla Ice Cream recipe cards